Wednesday, October 20, 2010

so this is where we stand

Ever since Thanksgiving past, I made up my mind to let go and continue to move on without you. I thought it was going to be terribly difficult but after two days I thought I was pretty much over you. Or so I thought.

It wasn't a week later did I begin to tear up at the thought of your voice in my head; how much i missed our long embraces. I had good days, and the bad which ultimately overwhelmed me and emotionally drained my energy. But after crying for the last time, I felt that I was genuinely getting over you. Or so I thought.

I checked my phone when I got home (like any other day).
That's when I saw your name on the screen.
You had texted me.
I haven't heard from you since Thanksgiving day.

Why are you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment