Wednesday, March 9, 2011

the little things

One:
In that one second, our eyes met. They always meet at the most unexpected of times and it always gets my heart pounding. But you play games; you pretend to not notice that I pass by you (but I catch you turning around as I walk by).

Two:
Unexpectedly you were behind me. You, with that familiar smirk, and those sleepy eyes that shone when you spoke. It was our first conversation, although you spoke a lot more than I did. But I listened very well. Everything you had said to me were thoughts I've been struggling for a while now. But hearing it from you made it seem more attainable, more clear. You speak with such conviction and admittedly, I love hearing you speak with such intelligence. You are a special human being.

Three:
We have known each other for some time now but we are still acquaintances. You always greet me with a smile and say "how are you?" But today was something different: you tapped me on the back unexpectedly. It was not rough, quick or disruptive. Rather, it was gentle, kind and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment