Monday, August 22, 2011

Blue


I had borrowed a novel from a friend to read during my trip to the Caribbean. Rebecca Solnit's A Field Guide to Getting Lost was spiritual, philosophical and a great joy to read. There were sections which described the distance of blue as a colour of longing and desire. And when I was on the top deck sunbathing, my view for hours was completely blue (as depicted above) which triggered me to write about my view on the distance of blue:


I see the distance of blue; the blue that contains all our desires and dreams. It is a blue that fades as it stretches away from our sight. The blue is a canvas which spans and surrounds all of us; a constant reminder that we are away and stranded in a place of delusioned peace--man-made and temporary. However, permanence can be achieved but it takes more effort and strength than one can ever imagine. It is the type of strength that is mustered and saved for when it is needed most.


-t

No comments:

Post a Comment