Monday, January 17, 2011

stranger encounter

Standing by the counter, he was pouring sugar into his coffee. Not meaning to be rude, I glanced over to see if he was done as he was standing right in front of the lids and my arms weren’t long enough to reach over.

“I saw that.”
”I’m sorry?”
” I saw that look you gave me. You were thinking when the heck I would be done pouring sugar into my coffee” he said as he gave me a sly grin.
I laughed and replied,”oh of course not, I’m not judging, I swear!”
”It’s okay, I know it’s a lot of sugar but hey, things are good in excessive amounts.”
I chuckled.
”Unfortunately, I am in a program which requires me to be aware of what I put in my body.” He gave me a curious look as he still wore that boyish grin on his face.
”I’m in kinesiology.”
”Oh! I was going to guess nursing.”
”Oh no, not nursing.”

I gave him one last smile and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment