Friday, April 9, 2010

you've got me

I said I enjoy even our most casual embraces but I can't say that anymore. There are no more casual embraces.

I've noticed they've become more affectionate, a little longer: more personal. Shyness isn't a problem anymore and today proved that. Comfort has grown in its place and it continues to grow stronger as we talk. I love it when you smile (I'm sure I've said that before). We lean against the wall as you put your arm around me, making me fit a little better against you. I know everyone can see but I don't care anymore. I think about how rare these moments are between us and I'm okay.

You let out a small laugh as you open the card. I smile in embarrassment. You say you love homemade cards and I tell him I do too. I'm not sure when the butterflies disappeared but when I opened my mouth, they didn't tickle the back of my throat. Now, I can speak without stuttering.

We hugged goodbye.
Your fingers gently brushed the back of my neck and I held on a little tighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment