Saturday, April 10, 2010

A novel which evoked strange emotions

Tonight I finished Picoult's Songs of the Humpback Whale. The first novel of the summer.

I have a heavy heart tonight; love has never been such a foreign subject. I'm lost at words for what it's supposed to be or mean. I read that you can fall in love many times but each time you do is for a different reason. It's such a fascinating yet frightening thought. I wonder if I have been close to feeling love. I feel uneasy, like I lost a part of myself after reading the novel.

I'm so curious. I want to feel the strong power love is capable of having on you. I contemplate what I feel for with Cassius. What is it? A crush? Then why does it feel different from the other feelings I've had for guys? When does like becomes love? Where is that line that differentiates between the two?

Questions spill and I don't have one answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment