Saturday, February 26, 2011

Changes

Tonight is one of those nostalgic nights, where the beer hits me quickly then the green tea coincides with the drowsy state of mind.
And suddenly it hits me: things have changed.
I prefer jazz to the top 40; music is a blessing and drives me to be a better person.
I no longer dream of the fairy tale endings,
I don’t yearn for the popular kids to notice me.
I could care less what you think of me.
I live each day hoping to meet new, inspiring strangers.
I don’t expect a lot out of people,
I know most let me down at the worst of times.
People will disappear, run away, tear me apart.

Change is inevitable; permanence exists within one’s state of mind. It is the temporary warped into the unchangeable. Regardless of the internal or external forces which provoke change, it ensures the dynamic nature of life.  Life is not static; it will not stop to wait for me to pick myself up. It keeps going like water running through a stream.

Always, always, welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment