Friday, June 4, 2010

leaps and bounds.

Reconnecting with an old, lost friend does wonders sometimes. In this case, it opened my eyes to a whole different perspective. I am now aware of the feelings we still have towards each other. He still cares deeply for my safety and we both have the utmost respect for each other. I am only afraid things may spiral out of control as we continue to hang out more often.

Trying to mend things with an old friend who disappointed me in the past gives me a whole other feeling. He makes me feel old and lonely. I try so hard to fight my feelings for him so that I only see him as an acquaintance. Whether this is the right thing to do or not, I don't know anymore. So many times, I thought I was doing the right thing but it backfires and leaves me wishing for a second chance. But how many second chances does a person get? I believe we both need to start fresh and try it out. I know that at one point, there was something there. It's lost now and I don't want to go back looking for something that can never be found. But I know we can start fresh and perhaps we can both get the second chance we both need.

No comments:

Post a Comment