Sunday, December 5, 2010

to just feel.

Sensitive. It's what I am.

I cry during cheesy love stories and weep over other people's pain. I allow myself to feel all sorts of emotions because it's what I grew up with, it's all I ever let get close to me. I was never comfortable with people around me and objects never made me feel safe. I always held back and I never let go. I escaped reality through books and the silence which filled my mind. I grew up with so many people but I never felt like I was a part of the circle. I was on the outside looking in. Maybe it's because of this which heightened my senses to all things emotional. I take comfort in knowing that I have my emotions to keep me warm and secure. I grew through what I felt and I always felt like it was the best way to live. I never doubted my heart even though my naivety has led me through a slew of experiences.

And now,
I've let my emotions get the best of me and it's led me to feel so many things which has led to many downfalls.
No, I still believe the emotions I feel are the best things I have got. It's led me to become more open-minded and I am grateful for that. Feeling has become second nature to me; I romanticize the beauty and the tragic, I over-analyze things I shouldn't and I still believe.

I think this is a whole lot of rambling but I guess all I'm really trying to say is that I am glad I feel.
Feeling leads to experiences, ideas and creativity.
I don't regret expressing these feelings nor do I feel compelled to explain myself anymore; I have no shame in knowing that I am more sensitive than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment