Thursday, May 12, 2011

coincidences.

I was sitting in the back seat of the car. The sky had cleared up, the day had calmed but my mind was still churning. Conversation was taking place but all I heard were the murmurs. Things were passing by as we kept driving but then I saw him. Him, on his bike; him with his straw fedora hat and worn and torn jeans; him and his loose violet t-shirt. Serenity, peace filled my mind and I felt that freedom he felt while riding his bike. Silence ensued and I did not understand anything but I accepted everything. Though I was moving forward with great speed, in those five seconds I saw him, everything fell away. I was suddenly forced with the only few memories I had of him. That feeling of mystery, ecstasy, curiosity all came flooding back and I smiled. In that instant, I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment